Shown here is The MacKay House or MacKay Mansion in Virginia City, Nevada. The date of the postcard is unknown but seems newer than most on this site, so we have not reprinted it.
The MacKay House in Virginia City was built and occupied by George Hearst in 1859 and originally used as the office for a local mine, Gould and Curry. It became known as the MacKay Mansion when John MacKay began living in it in the 1870’s during the heart of the great Comstock Lode silver rush in the Virginia City, Nevada area.
Today, the MacKay House is on the National Register of Historic Places. It is another historic site to see when visiting Virginia City, Nevada.